The process starts with a phone call.
We’ll talk and determine if we are a good fit for working together. When you’re ready to get started, a $600 deposit will secure your space on my calendar. And of course, there will be pre-treatment forms for you to complete.
The day you arrive we will review your history, your challenges, and your strengths. We will talk some more about your goals for our work together, and your long-term goals, too.
Next, we will review what coping skills you already have and determine which skills we might like to add to your tool box. Then we will dive in and get to work.
We will start our day at 9:00 am, and will be taking breaks during the day. Lunch will be provided for you. We will end our session at 5:00 and a massage will be scheduled for you for a lovely end to your day.
Your needs will determine how many days we will meet. At the end of our time together we will determine what follow-up treatment might be needed when you return home. We will schedule a check-in call before you leave to make sure you are on track and to discuss your success.
I only see clients for intensive sessions. I do not have a high degree of availability and do not do ongoing, traditional therapy. If you are currently seeing a therapist, we can coordinate your care. If you do not currently have a therapist, please be prepared to select a therapist in your area should you need support after your intensive therapy work.
This work can be both exhilarating and exhausting. Be kind to yourself and plan to take good care of yourself at the end of the day. Grants Pass has a charming downtown with shops, restaurants, and a movie theater just a few miles away. It can help to bring a supportive friend or partner to enjoy your evening(s) with.
Each day includes:
$2400 for Full Day Intensive of Trauma-Focused Therapy
$1800 for each additional day
Intensive therapy sessions make it worthwhile to travel, do the work, return home, and retain your privacy.
- within one week of the start date: charge of $600
- within two business days of the start date: charge of $1200
- no-show: full rate for scheduled session or 2 days if multiple days scheduled.
Time of cancellation is as of the first business day at 9:00 AM following notification. For example:
- Notification on a Saturday afternoon would count as having occurred the following Monday morning.
- Notification on Wednesday morning at 8:30 AM would count as having occurred that morning (because notification was before 9:00 AM).
- Notification on Wednesday at 9:30 AM would count as having occurred the next day, Thursday morning.
There is a minimum charge of the first day. After that, you only pay for time used, in half day increments. For example, if you leave some time in the morning of the third day, you will be charged for 2.5 days.
Realizations Counseling Center Intensive Exclusions
The following criteria would preclude a person from doing an intensive therapy session:
- If you have an active alcohol and/or drug addiction.
- If there is serious violence in your current relationship, threats by one or both partners that serious violence might occur, or fear of serious violence.
- If you have an untreated major mental illness (schizophrenia, bipolar, or dissociative identity disorder.)
- If you are currently experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or have a history of serious suicide attempts or harm to others.